One of the most important aspects of the Fatima message was Our Lady’s request for the First Saturday devotion. In the July 13, 1917 apparition at Fatima, Our Lady said to the children, “You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart…I shall come to ask for the Communion of Reparation on the first Saturdays.” She came expressly with the request for this devotion when she appeared to Sister Lucia on Dec. 10, 1925, in Pontevedra, Spain, where she was preparing for religious life.
Once you have completed five consecutive First Saturdays, continue to practice the devotion monthly for the sake of obtaining graces for the salvation of other souls.
To help those who are just getting started with the First Saturday Devotion, the World Apostolate of Fatima, USA is beginning a new initiative. Keep scrolling to learn more!
The World Apostolate of Fatima, USA has created a new, accessible way to help you fulfill Our Lady’s request for First Saturday Devotion. Following the ancient tradition of the Camino de Compostela, the Great Promise Passport™ allows you to mark and track your progress.
At this critical time in history, we must do our part to fulfill Our Lady’s request.
1. Fulfill the First Saturday Requirements
2. OPTIONAL – Take a selfie with an image of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Remember to tag us on Instagram (@Fatima_bluearmy) and/or Facebook (@World Apostolate of Fatima, USA) with the hashtag #Fatima5
3. Return to this page to claim your stamp within ONE week of First Saturday each month
Note: Stamps will be unavailable after the set time. It is important to collect all 5 stamps, as it is necessary to be entered into our prize drawing!
4. Either print the stamp and paste it to your printed passport OR digitally copy and paste it to your PDF
5. Repeat one more First Saturdays for a total of FIVE
6. Email your completed passport to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 8th to be considered for our Oct. 13 drawing
Through your prayers and financial support, you participate in the World Apostolate of Fatima’s mission to help people learn, live and spread the message of Our Lady of Fatima in communion with the Church and in concert with the New Evangelization.